Kansas City, Kansas
Cargill operates some of the most technologically advanced production plants in the world. We need dependable, efficient, safety-minded individuals to join our team. General Operators are vital to our daily operations. Examples of roles include preparing meat to be cooked, palletizing boxed product, administration work, using scanners and computers to track product, and verifying quality and accuracy. Please note, specific roles will vary greatly by plant and location. Safety is always our number one priority, and no matter your experience level, we'll train you for success. Your work in our plants can help you grow both personally and professionally. Discover how your work can nourish the world and help you thrive.
- Full Time / Part Time
- Level: Entry
- Travel: None
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful General Production Professional at Cargill?
Check out some of the key traits that are important for this job to see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Compensation & Pay Equity
We pay for performance and provide equal pay for the same work.
“What I like about Cargill's safety procedures is that they're really easy to follow and they've become a really big part of our culture here.”Rachel G., QA Food Safety Support
“I've worked at several different plants, and I feel Cargill listens and cares for everyone's safety. I feel like safety is there main focus with employees. They've provided me with ESL classes to take, and great discounts with gym memberships which gives me energy helps me focus day in and day out. I just love it here!”Elisabeth C.
“Cargill has change my life a lot! I feel like people really care about their employees. They have been very supportive with my life changes and have even given me an opportunity to move up. I'm now a safety lead at my table.”Catherine V.
“Here at Cargill, people treat me good, and I treat them good. Since I've been working here, I've been able to grow spiritually, and mentally. I've been able to gain confidence in wanting to move up in my position. Since I've been working here at Cargill, I've gotten married, and thankful that I can support me and my beautiful wife.”Marvin S.
This full time position is in Kansas City, KS; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistancis not provided.
- Operate/Drive forklift on a daily basis with high volume setting.
- Operate packaging control panel(s).
- Move product, opening bin gates and switching diverters.
- Set up line precisely; this would include date code, weight, conveyor, glue, sewing and heat seal process.
- Insure all products are packaged accurately; products on correct bag, tags and stickers applied as necessary.
- Inspect the product to guarantee all required quality standards are met, this would include correct product, color, size, density and mixed product.
- Count of number of pallets and finish goods and manually palletize when necessary.
- Insure the palletizer is set up properly for products; keep filled with clean, empty skids and cardboard at all times.
- Obtain samples as required by Quality Assurance.
- Notify Supervisor of progress and/or any problems.
- Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, and climbing safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment including forklifts.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written).
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Experience driving/operating forklift.
- At least 6 months of experience in a production, warehouse or plant environment.
- Able to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills.
- SAP knowledge/experience.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.