Food Safety Quality Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
Food Safety Quality Engineer is responsible for providing specialized knowledge of specific segments of our quality systems and/or plant processes such as food safety and quality auditing, instrumentation, specific product line knowledge, computer systems, management and/or oversight of suppliers and other needed focus areas. You will be involved in preparation and participation of customer audits. You will work together with internal and external teams to address customer requirements and concerns, as well as collaborate on audits.
- Conducts verification and/or maintenance of the Food Safety and Quality Systems, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure, prerequisite programs, manufacturing processes, plant environment, and finished product to meet compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Collaborates with operations on the initiation of corrective action and preventative measures when necessary.
- Ensures adherence to corporate, regulatory, customer and facility food safety and quality requirements and completion of corrections and corrective actions.
- Leads food safety focused audits (Corporate Food Safety, FSSC 22000, customer, regulatory).
- Acts as Food Safety Team leader by coordinating and leading Food Safety Team and overseeing the food safety management system and management review.
- Manages food/feed safety management system compliance to appropriate government regulations.
- Investigates and follow up on food safety incidents that occur in the plant to ensure they are reported, and that corrective action and permanent corrections are taken.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Engineering or related field
- Fluent in English
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in food and/or feed industry
- Experience with the implementation of FSSC 22000, HACCP, ISO 9001
- Knowledge of food/feed safety industry practices and standards.
- Strong computer skills and Microsoft Office experience.
- Experience working with SAP or similar systems
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.