Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist -will provide expertise to ensure compliance regarding environmental, health and safety regulations. We seek a professional who will help develop, implement and maintain processes and programs that comply with local regulations and requirements. In this role, you will lead a complex and growing facility, with complex environment, health and safety aspects. . You will monitor and handle process safety aspects of up to three highly hazardous processes.
This position reports to country EHS lead and leads/works with EHS team on site, plan operation team and other key stakeholders on site including contractors and agencies to achieve Cargill’s goal of ZERO harm.
- Implement and handle processes and systems for environmental health and safety hazard identification and risk management.
- Create effective emergency response plan, train workforce and coordinate test plans on a defined frequency and validate emergency action plan.
- Participate in incident investigations based on incident classification in partnership with specialists internally and externally or regulatory authorities to identify the root cause and help prevent recurrence.
- Implement and execute controls and programs and ensure they work as planned.
- Prepare for audits, governmental inspections, customer visits, identify data and reports needed to monitor performance and compliance against goals.
- Support appropriate training content and delivery mode, in line with global and regional requirements, conduct gap assessment to identify training needs, adjust curriculum to reflect site specific needs.
- Understand risks applicable to contractor and external service providers, implement, monitor and evaluate approved processes to control environmental health and safety risks with contractors.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in EHS, chemical or environmental engineering, or other related fields
- Legally required health and safety and environment certification. (B class)
- In depth knowledge of legislation and business processes in environmental health and safety systems, ecology and environmental protection, industrial safety.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of related work experience
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with diverse groups in a large organization.
- Knowledge of international instruments aimed at reducing injuries (near miss, observation, risk assessment).
- Experience in organizing safety management system for specialists of contracting organizations.
- Experience with environmental health and safety management systems.
- Experience in similar chemical plant and managing high hazardous installations. Experience in process safety topic and managing high hazard installations.
- Fluent in English – written and oral
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.