Bulk Material Handler
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing, and distributing, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management, and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive–a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s) Available: Rotating
A Typical Work Day May Include:
- Operating equipment associated with the loadout and unloading process for bulk materials including trucks and/or rail cars, utilizing scales, pumps, conveyors, and mobile equipment
- Creating scale tickets, collecting product samples, and supervising tank inventory, utilizing computer systems to input and record data as necessary
- Inspecting buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by the facility to perform light maintenance and repair work
- Interacting regularly with peers and management to pursue continuous improvement of facility operations and promote a teamwork focused environment
- Providing a high level of customer service
- Understanding and adhering to all policies and procedures
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
Will Put You Ahead:
- High school diploma/GED or a minimum of two years equivalent work experience
- Experience with computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) and/or automated computer systems, such as Human Machine Interface (HMI)
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (952) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate them. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status. Employees may be required to wear masks, depending on requirements of the business and public health requirements based on the spread of COVID in the community.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.