Quality Control Chemist
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
As Associate Quality Control Chemist, you will provide expertise with all daily operations in quality control laboratories. The analytical goal is to support the buildup and maintenance of the rapid technology platform by providing reliable accurate analytical figures, as well as performing validation and troubleshooting of new analytical methods, making sure it meets the requirement and deadlines.
- Provide analytical support to Rapid Technology Application platform by releasing precise and accurate results and ensure scope of testing parameter is sufficient to build MPA module.
- Provide on-going technical support to stakeholder, investigate quality problems and deliver improvement actions with follow-up.
- Perform method validation/verification to roll-out new testing method in the lab.
- Document SOPs, identify possible trends in testing results with data analysis software (by Microsoft/Minitab etc) and provide input to team members to improve quality control system.
- Organize and maintain accurate and pertinent data (e.g., spreadsheets, graphs, and reports).
- Maintains systems/techniques for reporting data across functional areas
- Organize and participate ring tests with the goal to check and control methods and equipment.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Able to work independently, possess positive working attitude with high initiative level, and communicate effectively
- Necessary English reading capacity
- Experience with chemical analysis (preferable)- oils and fats, starch, sweeteners, etc.
- Knowledge in calibrate, maintain and troubleshoot various analytical instruments such as GC, HPLC, AAS, ICP, NIR etc
- Able to demonstrate sound understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC), method validation and report writing
- Minimum of two years of working experience in the chemical industry lab
- Willing to be placed at South Sumatra (Sungai Lilin, 3 hours from Palembang area)
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.