Position Purpose & Summary
As a Business Analyst for the APAC App Enablement team, you will be responsible for eliciting the business requirements and leading the scrum team to build and deliver the right products that fulfill the APAC engineering vision and strategy of leveraging cloud and data platforms to operate as an integrated enterprise. This role will work closely with the regional Product Owner to create, manage, and prioritize backlog of user stories in alignment with project vision. The ideal candidate has previous agile project experience as a Business Analyst, has worked with cloud, devops and data technologies like big data and Hadoop, BI tools like Tableau and Power BI. The role would require excellent communication and collaboration skills and knowledge of commodities trading.
- Create, manage, and prioritize backlog of user stories with Product Owner in alignment with project vision
- Facilitate requirements elicitation sessions with Product Owner, Business SMEs to define and drive out details of user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Groom, or refine, the user stories into more detail using screen prototypes, and process flows to uncover detailed design.
- Liaise with developer to ensure understanding of detailed requirements and designs.
- Perform testing and assist with resolution of defects.
- Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment and requirements coverage. This may include, but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews, testing execution, deployment verifications, and customer satisfaction reviews.
- Identify risks and design controls to mitigate or eliminate risks.
- Guide solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture
- Create supporting design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution.
- Support “go live/hypercare” activities, including remedial training (if necessary), solutioning break/fix tasks and miscellaneous trouble-shooting.
- Champion collaboration and enable delivery in an agile team environment
- Engage and influence developers to ensure productivity and solution quality
- Provides training and education to business information lead and super users on the application of complex report solutions.
- Applies a substantial understanding of business analytics to determine best practices, and recommends how to improve current practices.
Scrum Master 30%
- Conducts sprint planning sessions
- Conduct Sprint demos and retrospectives
- Facilitates planning / estimation sessions for Sprints
- Impediment removal on daily basis for scrum team
- Enables close cooperation across roles and functions internal and external to the scrum team
- Shields the team from external interference that might decrease focus
- Asses capacity and velocity of the team
- Provide sprint status report to the stakeholders
- Maintain information about the team’s progress up-to-date and visible to all parties
- Note: Scrum activities applicable on agile projects. Should be able to manage equivalent project activities on non agile projects using Project Delivery Process (PDP) Methodology
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor's degree or higher or 4+ years of IT Business Analyst/Project management experience.
- 4+ years of business analyst experience in an agile scrum environment.
- 4+ years of experience as a business/data analyst working with Hadoop, ETL, or data warehouses.
- 2+ years of business intelligence experience working with Power BI, Tableau, or Business Objects.
- Strong information research, data tracking and data design skills.
- Curious about data and passionate to bring business value through data insights and advanced analytics.
- Proactive, creative questioning and problem solving skills.
- Strong collaboration skills to translate their needs into a technical model or solution.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in ambiguous environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience facilitating meetings and/or group discussions.
- Strong information research and gathering skills.
- Business fluency in English is required. Additional fluency in Asian languages desired.
- 2+ years as a Scrum Master leading teams
- Experience withSoftware Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and /or Project Delivery Process (PDP) Methodology
- Familiarity withRequirements Analysis and Solution Design process framework.
- Experience with internal and external integration tools and solutions
- Experience with application development platforms
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business/technical information and make recommendations
- Experience of leading people to success
- Experience working with various types of data sources such as SAP, JDE, legacy ERP systems etc.
- Experience with modern open source languages and frameworks
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.