Seed Agronomy Internship/Co-op 2021
Seed Agronomy Internship/Co-op 2021:
The Cargill location in Idaho Falls specializes in producing quality canola seed for our grower/farmer customers. With around 25 employees at the Idaho Falls facility you will be an integral part of the production of high-quality canola seed by working closely with the members of the agronomy team.
Our internship/co-op program enables you to learn more about Cargill and to provide support to the Seed Agronomists in all field activities, supporting growers in the production of hybrid canola seed. Challenging projects, along with the chance to interact with Cargill employees and business partners, make this a valuable work experience.
- Provide support to seed agronomists and growers from planting through harvest
- Scout hybrid production fields for weeds, insects, and disease. (This includes scouting potential canola seed fields for 2022 crop year and analyzing volunteer canola risks.)
- Assist with Parent Seed production and various special projects as needed
- Maintain various production research activities and analyze and record data.
- Candidate will be required to walk long distances across fields and rough terrain, will be required to frequently bend down to the ground to count plants, pull weeds, etc., and must be able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Frequent travel within assigned region for meetings and field activities. You must have a safe driving history; a motor vehicle record history will be reviewed.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage).
- Internships are paid and are 3 months in duration. Co-ops are paid and are 8 months in duration
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Idaho Falls, ID
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited Agricultural program graduating between December 2021 and August 2024
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to Idaho Falls, ID
- Able to complete a 3 month internship (May 2021 – Aug 2021) or an 8 month co-op (January 2021 – Aug 2021 or May 2021 – Dec 2021)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Excellent communication skills- oral and written plus basic computer skills
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Experience in Seed Production or related Production Agriculture.
- Valid U.S. commercial driver’s license and willingness to pull trailers
- Experience operating farm equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.