This full time position is located in Hutchinson, Kansas; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill Salt, a business unit of Cargill, Incorporated, is a leader in the industry, providing salt, service and solutions to the food, water conditioning, agricultural, industrial, and packaged ice control markets. Cargill Salt is currently accepting applications for Forklift Operator at our Hutchinson, KS Salt packaging facility.
Safely perform all tasks necessary to operate forklift to load trucks and rail cars with palletized salt product and to warehouse packaged products. Tag pallets with shipping codes. Scan shipping codes to track loading of palletized salt products.
- Remove finished product from production conveying line and scan product into warehouse management system
- Load package rail cars and trucks with quality products specified on loading ticket.
- Assure proper counts on product loaded, including product codes and number in code, are listed on loading ticket and in SAP system.
- Apply necessary code stickers, stretch wrap, etc. required in specific comments section or by special customer instructions lists.
- Use SAP and warehouse management system to scan loads in and out of inventory, unload receiving items as needed, locate oldest product for stock rotation, fill orders and remove product from orders. Assure product is rotated on a first-in, first-out basis.
- Assure all loads are clean, stretch wrapped and covered prior to storing and use proper storage methods. Operate and maintain stretch wrappers and top sheeters.
- Safety performance.
- Perform all assigned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English(verbal/written)
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Basic use of a computer
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Forklift certified
- Prior experience in production related work
- Mechanical aptitude and skill
- Technical degree or equivalent in production related field
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.