Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Animal Nutrition EMEA is comprised of three sub regions – West, East and MEA. Each of these sub-regions has market structures regionally around the globe with a Managing Director or Regional Managing Director who holds the P&L responsibility for that market. In-Market structures sub-regionally comprise customer oriented functions, including Pricing.
Pricing strategist is a member of the in-market pricing function and reports to the sub-region Pricing Lead.
Pricing strategist works closely with Commercial Leadership to drive pricing strategy, tactics for the country, segment, specie within sub-region.
Accountable for commercial strategy centered around strategic pricing.
Recommends ways to enhance margin through price setting, price getting with view to manage value created by company through it’s NPSS.
Effectively balances near-term pricing decisions with medium-to-long term market-level strategic and commercial priorities.
50% Drive pricing strategy for the country, segment, specie
- Establish pricing policy for his/her domain for upcoming period
- Using input from analytic group forecast margin development, assess volume/mix/price opportunities
- Develop & implement commercial policies related to sales incentivization, sales professionals incentivization. Ensure assessment of it’s effectiveness
- Evaluate commercial issues and identify opportunities basis input from analytics. For example:
- Point of sale analysis
- Shelving, distribution, prices, and inventories
- Customer pricing behavior
- Brand assessment and pricing analysis
- Partner commercial leadership in sub-region in commercial strategy development and execution
- Develop, anticipate and communicate the strategic, financial, and administrative implications and risks of proposed pricing strategies and recommendations;
- Utilizes thorough expertise to suggest analytics opportunities, understanding both the business and customers’ needs.
- Assists with development and delivery of insights and recommendations to guide business strategy and planning.
- Consultant to BU/platform on consumer and customer insights.
- Review whether changes are needed to meet strategic goals by reviewing price, margin, volume (price elasticity of demand), formulation, product offering, cost-to-serve, etc.;
- Establish and drive performance improvement with Pricing Dashboard
50% Lead value management activity system for country, segment, specie
- Assess with marketing value potential on the market, make choices where to play
- Contribute to marketing work on value delivery, value perception and value retention targets setting
- Drive internal process to analyze and close gap to targets as established per each NPSS
- With input from senior pricing analyst and FP&A drive process to close gap between price get and price set
- Participate in EMEA projects related to improvement of pricing process and technology framework
- Guide/train commercial leadership to understand the “right” strategic drivers for the business and align and develop a pipeline of continuous improvement activities as an outcome of these meetings;
- Recommend measures to improve customer profitability, as well as action plans to improve the value creation of product offerings. This also includes collaboration with commercial teams in development of proposals to strategic customers;
- Equip the sales team with pricing information to assist in developing account plans and provide or help them build “customer collateral” that supports successful negotiations and helps them communicate the value ANH is creating (so that value can be monetized) – this includes guidance on value messaging;
- Joint visits with Commercial Leads to Key Accounts, understanding the business, setting up customer specific price strategies and help explain price strategies/movements to key customers
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Business, Finance, Economics or Agriculture related field;
- 7+ years professional experience in working experience, ideally within pricing, marketing, merchandising, sales, and/or finance;
- Soft: communication skills, change management skills, ability to collaborate and influence within a process-honoring organization, strong analytical skills, affinity for numbers;
- Hard: quantitative ability to direct and interpret detailed analysis; Excel, Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, PROS, LEAP;
- English at fluent level
- Understanding of (agricultural) commodity markets;
- Meaningful experience in Strategic Pricing and related experience with customer-backed value, ingredient markets and pricing strategy;
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders and be a key thought leader;
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or other quantitative field; FP&A background is a plus;
- Strong working knowledge of Tableau, Power BI and PROS;
- Strong knowledge of Alteryx, SQL, R, or other programming and database tools is a plus
- Knowledge of nutrition, customers of AN&H, segmentation & products is a plus
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.