Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Ventures Portfolio, Product and Tech Lead will provide advanced knowledge and thought leadership to guide the development of the organizations’ emerging digital start-up businesses. In this role, you will lead product development for a portfolio of emerging digital businesses, providing direction on customer discovery, architecture, technology, engineering, infrastructure and methods, to ensure customer needs are aligned to technology choices, and solutions are scalable, resilient, and secure. You will collaborate with other business and engineering leaders, driving important technical and business decisions as they apply to the needs of the digital businesses for which you have accountability.
- Provide expert leadership in architecture, development, testing, integration and maintenance and troubleshoot highly complex software solutions by leveraging software engineering patterns and principles.
- Act as a leadership partner to “digital startup founders”, guiding them on disciplines such as customer identification, customer acquisition, business model scaling and ultimately profitable growth of their business.
- Provide direction or lead the strategy and technical planning of software product and platform technology and ensure adherence with internal and external software compliance standards.
- Participate in peer code review sessions to review code, coach engineers, identify opportunities to improve the team's efficiency and implement the improvement.
- Ideate the prototype from design thinking sessions to get quick feedback before building features in the software.
- Lead the demonstration and continuous feedback sessions to improve development and drive long term vision.
- Collaborate with the product owners to help refine and prioritize backlog from the engineering perspective.
- Provide expert leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Confirmed experience leveraging an agile approach and modern development languages and technologies
- Confirmed experience in multiple architectural patterns and automating pipelines for continuous integration, testing, delivery and security
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Master's degree in computer science or related field
- Confirmed experience leading the technology development of digital start-up companies or similar business investments within an established corporation.
- Confirmed experience leading a portfolio of application development teams
- Experience with business fundamentals such as budgeting, forecasting, and other financial operations within a small business or corporate context.
- Experience managing individuals in their career development, including hiring practices.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.