Specialist, Global Communications- Salt
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
The Specialist, Global Communications- Salt will write and build communications for a variety of channels to reach key audiences and deliver against defined communications objectives. In this role, you'll work closely with your communication partners to create compelling content and unlock stories from around Cargill. You'll be a strong writer and storyteller who uses AP Style. You'll follow established procedures but have an opportunity to continuously improve future communications. You'll be familiar with the latest communication trends and be strong in producing content for large audiences. In this position, you'll compile results to demonstrate progress toward measurable objectives.
- Receive instruction, guidance and direction from more senior level roles.
- Create content for multiple communications and manage campaigns or projects, advising business partners.
- Implement tactics within a communications plan based on Cargill strategies.
- Develop business acumen to understand the company and its customers.
- Interact with peers in other global communications groups and share best practices.
- Deliver quality assignments on time.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. This is a REMOTE position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, journalism, PR or related field or equivalent related work experience
- Minimum of two years in a communications position
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and written communication skills
- Conceptual knowledge of fundamental communications theories, principles and practices
- Experience using AP Style
- Four years of experience in a communications position at medium to large companies, preferably global
- Prior experience in enterprise communications
- Demonstrated strong storytelling skills
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to take complex, project language and simplify it without losing the key messages
- Demonstrated broad thinking and creativity
- Proficiency in more than one language
- Demonstrated knowledge of the technical side of communications including website development and maintenance, how to implement tools like Exact Target, SharePoint etc.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.