Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Software Engineer will participate in the design and development of new and existing digital solutions for the digital portfolio. In this role, you will be a member of an agile engineering team and will discover and deliver solutions to moderately complex problems to enable the company's digital future. You will apply deep knowledge of software engineering and security practices to ensure solutions are scalable, resilient and robust. You will also contribute knowledge and hands on experience with modern practices and technologies to the shared engineering community.
- Apply software engineering patterns and principles to design, develop, test, integrate, maintain and troubleshoot moderately complex software solutions and incorporate security practices in newly developed and maintained applications.
- Partner with the team to adopt agile philosophies, participate in agile ceremonies and identify improvement opportunities.
- Participate in peer code review sessions both as a submitter and as a reviewer to ensure code quality
- Incorporate the company's engineering and development practices within software development life cycle processes.
- Apply development and operation engineering principles to continuously integrate, test and deploy developed code.
- Participate in the engineering community by maintaining and sharing relevant technical approaches and modern skills.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience
- Three years of experience building front end or back end of application based on popular design patterns
- One year of experience building and deploying APIs
- One year of experience working with Python Django and/or Flask
- One year of experience working in Cloud environments such as AWS or Azure
- Comfortable and willing to learn new and growing technologies in a fast-paced mode.
- Good knowledge in CI/CD technologies
- Experience working with test automation
- Experience working as a team player
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.