Salt Sales Intern 2021
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think and produce
Salt Sales Internship:
The Sales Intern position will provide students with an interest in Sales the opportunity to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a business environment. The internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to work with Cargill business units to provide solutions to customers.
A significant project will be assigned at the beginning of the work term. The project will be substantive in nature and will create exposure to a variety of work. The internship will provide hands on experience and exposure to the selling process inclusive of working directly with the CRM tool and the sales team.
Our Cargill Salt business produces, packages and ships salt for a wide range of market segments:
+ Water conditioning
+ Chemical and packaged ice control
We operate more than 20 manufacturing, processing and warehousing locations that make salt from three major production methods:
- Mechanical evaporation at facilities in the U.S. in California, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, New York and Ohio.
- Solar evaporation and harvesting from ponds in California, Oklahoma, Utah, Bonaire in the Dutch Antilles, and Los Olivitos, Venezuela
- Rock salt mining from underground mines in Louisiana, New York and Ohio.
Cargill Salt services a variety of customers ranging from home improvement, hardware, grocery, and convenience store retailers, to food makers/processors, water conditioning dealers, and foodservice and general wholesale distribution. We make more than 1,000 different salt products and package sizes. In addition, we market national and regional brands, including Diamond Crystal® branded household consumer food and water softener salt products, Champions Choice® branded agricultural products for animal feeding, as well as Cargill® and Alberger® branded specialty salt products for food manufacturing customers.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Gain immediate hands on work experience in one of the world's largest privately held companies.
- Participate in orientation, mentoring relationships and other opportunities targeted toward development.
- Network with employees at a variety of levels and in a variety of functions within the organization.
- 2-3 trips with sales team to meet with customers and/or visit Cargill facilities.
- Work on a variety of projects that add value to the business and sales team
- Shadow other salespeople to learn about day-to-day sales activities
- Receive regular feedback on job performance.
- Volunteer on community service projects across the Minneapolis/St. Paul communities.
- Present a final presentation to the Cargill Salt leadership team on project outcomes, learnings and final feedback of the internship activities and experience.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify.
- Internships are paid and are at least 12 weeks in duration.
- Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Attend Intern Forum, an event held at Cargill headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, designed to give exposure to leadership and cross-functional interns from across the U.S.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship, co-op or full-time position for the following year.
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid time off to participate in volunteer activities.
Your Personal Board of Directors:
We want you to excel at Cargill! We strongly believe that combining your interpersonal skills and curiosity with a top team of professionals just for you will be the winning combination to help you thrive. During the internship, you will have three allocated resources assigned to you: university recruiter, supervisor and mentor. In addition to these individuals, you will also expand your network across our global business as you build your own network of resources to help you in your career.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Hopkins, MN
- Office setting
- Travel approximately 20% or less
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate program - all majors consideredgraduating December 2021 or May 2022
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to the Hopkins, MN area for the internship.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2021)
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance
- Overall 3.0 GPA or higher
- Bachelor's degree in general business, economics or marketing preferred
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.