Lead Data Architect
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Lead Data Architect for Cargill’s Human Resources supports the comprehensive architecture, functionality, economics, and architecture compliance of the data solution. In this role, you will collaborate with solution architects, application architects, enterprise architecture, and key stakeholders to ensure and apply data principles to the data work being executed across projects and strategic architecture is being followed. Additionally, this role will have a focus on applying privacy principles to technical design in an effort to manage employee data appropriately.
- Collaborate with business partners to advise on end-to-end solution feasibility at the ideation stage and establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process, data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Design, configure and deploy solutions to address data principles to meet business data requirements and communicate data stewardship standards.
- Create and deploy a framework for persisting, making accessible, and otherwise managing current and emerging data sources while maintaining guidelines for data dictionaries, mappings, models, and metadata, networking with data leads to ensure governance processes are in place.
- Design the data architecture for the function, analyzing and defining data management strategies and models and translate requirements into long-term information architecture and data management solutions.
- Work across technology areas to identify and resolve complex issues related to the inter-dependencies between systems on major projects, providing expertise to design, develop, assess and deploy architecture solutions for business problems in alignment with established standards.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design, application frameworks or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends and utilizes it to educate businesses or functions, senior leaders, and other architects about opportunities to build better solutions that support business decisions; drives improvement of architecture methodologies and services.
- Act as an advisor and consultant, be able to scope level of effort, and will manage contractor architect and analyst resources.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Strong experience in scalable data modeling, metadata modeling, database design, and other information architecture practices
- Experience with open source technologies and knowledgeable of data models
- Experience leading projects that involve process, data and technology
- Strong understanding of data governance and data management concepts
- Master’s degree in information science, informatics, or computer science
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- HR data and reporting experience
- Demonstrated ability in performance tuning methodologies, capacity planning, release management, monitoring and reporting processes.
- HRIS Experience and Integration Experience
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.