Junior Commodity Strategist
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Junior Commodity Strategist will be responsible for conducting trading analytics efforts. In this role, you will provide analysis of markets and other economic considerations, development and deployment of models, tools and processes to enable informed decisions related to make trading, risk management, margin enhancement and asset utilization.
- Collaborate and support other analysts and team members to deliver analysis that maximizes our competitive advantage.
- Perform fundamental analyses to understand components and build short- and long-term forecasts.
- Assist in the development, enhancement and execution of tools, models and processes to forecast and describe the competitive marketplace.
- Communicate timely, accurate and actionable insights to other analysts, trading teams and key customers.
- Collaborate with other analysts, commercial teams, traders, customers and other internal businesses to further develop related business knowledge.
- Handle basic issues and problems under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Advanced degree in quantitative field preferably Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Data Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of data science techniques such as time-series, statistical modeling and machine learning
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.