Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Internships at Cargill:
Imagine an internship where you get the chance to apply knowledge gained in the classroom to a real-life environment and then multiply that tenfold. From day one, you will be an integral part of the team. Internships are 12 weeks long, and we pride ourselves on having one of the most diverse internship programs in the industry. During the internship, you will tackle real challenges, cultivate your curiosity, have client exposure, enjoy both personal and team accomplishments and have your initiative acknowledged along the way. You will collaborate and build relationships with colleagues and clients who represent diverse work, culture, and resolution styles. We look for people who want to grow, support, think, and produce!
IT Business Analysis Internship:
You will have the opportunity to work as an individual contributor or on a project team while working closely with Cargill’s business partners to deliver process, data, and technology solutions. You will be asked to partner with your team (both IT and business) to build a relationship, understand the desired outcome, gather requirements, and help design a solution that fits the business’ needs.
- Internship will be focused on Analysis and Requirements gathering, solution design, relationship management, and workload management.
- Work will be complimented by a quality approach to supervision and mentorship. An on-going job performance evaluation will be provided.
- Interns are given the opportunity to apply their skills and gain an understanding of the Cargill organization.
- Opportunity to learn more about Cargill’s diverse businesses through numerous events such as first day orientation, summer activities as well as volunteer events.
- Internships are paid and are typically 12 weeks in duration.
- Cargill offers both housing assistance and relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify (based on mileage). Day–to-day transportation to and from work is the responsibility of the intern.
- Opportunity to network with Cargill IT Leadership as well as other interns will be provided and encouraged.
- Team-oriented, fast-paced, and hands-on.
- Interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a curiosity to learn more may be offered an internship or full-time position for the following year.
- As employees, interns receive access to Cargill volunteer and community outreach opportunities and paid-time-off to participate in volunteer activities.
- Throughout the internship, interns and co-ops are invited to participate in events that will give exposure to leadership, provide development opportunities, and offer the ability to network with cross-functional interns/co-ops across the U.S.
We promote a culture that celebrates differences. This is a reflection of the clients we serve and generates intellectually diverse employees. Cargill’s Business Resource Groups (BRGs) help us embrace our diversity, make our culture more inclusive and leverage our employees’ unique talents and perspectives to benefit our organization and employees.
Our U.S. Business Resource Groups include:
- Asian Alliance Network
- Cargill Young Professionals Network
- Cargill Ability Network (iCAN)
- Cargill Ebony Council
- Group Responsible for Orienting and Welcoming (GROW)
- Hispanic-Latino Council
- Cargill Pride Network
- Veterans & Military Support Network
- Cargill Women’s Network
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a major OR minor in Information Systems/Business Analysis, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technology field.
- Graduating with a degree between December 2022 and Summer 2024.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- All candidates must be geographically flexible and willing to relocate to Hopkins, MN for a summer internship.
- Able to complete a 12-week internship in the summer (May/June - August 2022).
- Proven ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse a diverse set of backgrounds and cultures.
- Must possess a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness in completing work with limited guidance.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.