Functions Data Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Functions Data Lead role will be responsible for working across business and data function to drive value creation through alignment of data strategy to business objectives, prioritization of the portfolio, stakeholder and change management. You will spend time participating in end-to-end data and analytics strategy and roadmap, prioritization and sequencing of investments, and business analytics use cases. You will help drive new insights, value and revenue creation, champion governance and data management capabilities across Cargill.
- Develop and maintain corporate level strategies related to data incorporating and balancing Integrated Operating Company principles with unique enterprise and function priorities
- Works within and across enterprises/functions to ensure data portfolio alignment to the corporate and business strategies.
- Contributes to development of the overall Cargill data strategy
- Works to bring out prioritization needs “in-between” our “outside of” the existing Data Function Towers.
- Partners closely stakeholders to drive and align on data value opportunities, including innovating, incubating and graduating phases to bring new value realization to the business .
- Influence business leaders to invest in data by articulating the value to Cargill customers, achieving integrated operating company and improving AOE.
- Provide expert consultative guidance for and initiate strategic long-rang goals and objectives. You may provide direction to lower-level team members and be a key contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
- Proven track record of understanding business requirements and identifying data patterns, trends and risks
- Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
- Familiarity with modern technologies like API Integration tools and platforms, Big Data, Advanced Analytics, Tableau, Power BI, and Cloud Based Services
- Experience managing cost, quality and schedule controls
- Ability to break down complex issues
- Minimum 15 years of business experience with a combination of Business Process, IT, and/or Data Management
- Master’s Degree (MBA)
- Confirmed experience in develop a data portfolio aligning to the corporate and business strategies and ensure the value case defined and value realized
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.