Emerging Business Leader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Emerging Business Leader will foster and grow our business development activities and revenue from new and existing market segments and channels. We seek a results-oriented professional who will prioritize activities to grow value in existing and adjacent market segments with an innovative and growth mindset.
- Identify and incubate new business opportunities and commercial partnerships
- Create business development strategies, targeted investments and annual business development plans to reach business objectives and revenue
- Work closely with Market teams, as well as, customer/consumers to understand business requirements and market needs
- Identify new market segments, products, services and opportunities for business development, calculating returns and investment
- Obtain agreement to execute the investment, resources and actions required for business development
- You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems. You may provide direction to lower level and cross-functional team members and be a key contributor
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of six years of related work experience including strategy, business development or innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Master of Business Administration
- Ability to see the big picture, develop strategies, and translate to action plans
- Track record of success developing new products, services, and solutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct financial and strategic analysis
- Experience in a corporate development or strategy role
- Strong communication skills and the ability to influence a broad variety of business leaders on strategies and new business development opportunities
- Sound understanding of rapid innovation processes and disruptive technologies
- Experience working in an innovation center or incubation function leading teams in incubation mode and experience taking projects from idea to commercialization
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.