Emerging Business Lead
60% New Business Development
- Maintain an exhaustive list of potential targets, assessing each for strategic fit, readiness, and deal feasibility
- For prioritized targets, conduct high level valuation, assess expected synergies, and estimate anticipated price.
- Pro-actively cultivate top-targets. Build relationships to assess readiness, confirm strategic thesis, and gain commitment to execute a transaction.
- Develop preliminary deal thesis, including a preferred deal structure, a transaction execution plan, an expected range for investment and return, a hypothesis how to realize value, and a risk mitigation plan.
- Work closely with Cargill’s Corporate Strategy & Development team and other functions to execute transactions.
- Manages the efforts of ideation and incubation of new solutions to explore and pursue new concepts and market opportunities beyond the core, including a gameboard of potential MADJV targets.
- Drives select projects from ideation to execution by leading a team that may include project managers, commercial analysts and technical experts.
- Develops rapid understanding of complex projects and industries within the context of the Salt Group to discover potential growth opportunities. Creates strategies to address emerging customer needs.
- Develops an actionable plan that tests key components of each business concept in order to quickly discontinue the initiative or develop further into a profitable business.
- Manages concept development and pilot testing of new innovations with emerging markets and customers or through coordination Food, Water Quality and Road Safety teams.
- Engages the GV & CE team, Sales teams, and the Market Leaders to understand market dynamics and opportunities to consolidate specific ideas and points of view.
- Develops and nurtures innovation processes across Cargill Salt Group to build a culture of innovation and blue sky thinking. Encourages others to experiment and push boundaries.
- Promotes a culture of delivering results in a matrix organization ensuring close coordination with teams in the Growth Ventures and in the Markets.
30% Strategy & Vision
- Champions a robust and actionable innovation pipeline in partnership with the rest of the Growth Ventures team.
- Understand the vision, goals, and strategic priorities of the Salt Group, and ensures innovation projects are prioritized appropriately.
- Assists the Salt Group Leadership Team (SGLT) in establishing priorities and measurable goals for innovation in alignment with the Salt Group strategies.
- Develops and articulates a vision and strategy for each emerging business concept, ensuring action plans result in sustainable long-term growth for the Group.
- Provides employees with a work environment that is open and conducive to high performance, personal development and career growth and in line with the cultural attributes of the Salt Group.
- Drives a start-up culture within the team that is capable of operating to tight timeframes and flexible teaming arrangements.
- Assesses the performance of direct reportees, provides feedback and coaching; review and ensure robust development plans, with a view to enhancing the overall talent pipeline for the Salt Group.
- Drives a culture that supports deliberate, data-driven risk-taking, “blue sky” thinking, and anticipatory execution.
- Promotes communication, alignment, coordination, and collaboration across Cargill Salt Group.
- Promotes a culture of delivering results in a matrix organization ensuring close coordination with teams in Growth Ventures and in the Markets.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.