Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
We seek a Dairy Trader who will make markets in Over the Counter (OTC) Dairy products for customers. In this role, you will generate income and control risks by performing complex trading work, with medium risk tolerance.
- Apply a thorough understanding of trade to execute and monitor the short-term trading strategies and books for a specific commodity/market/customer based on speculative and hedged positions.
- Generate market, positions and profit and loss reports based on estimates and specialty reports created by junior members of the team.
- Handle and monitor medium trading positions and exposures, including the short-term trading book.
- You will work under minimal supervision and independently handle complex issues while referring only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience in commodities trading
- Five years or more of experience trading U.S. dairy markets, such as Milk, Cheese, Butter, & Non-fat
- Demonstrable understanding of relationships between products
- Ability and experience building models of pricing relationships between dairy components
- Physical Trading and Storage experience is preferred
- Strong data handling and analytical capabilities
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.