Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Associate Director, Derivatives and Compliance will work to ensure the organization's activities follow the necessary rules and regulations and comply with legal and regulatory boundaries and jurisdictions. In this role, you will help provide program ownership and compliance support to Cargill global businesses working within the Regulatory Subject Matter Expert and Testing / Audit pillars of the Derivatives & Commodities Compliance function (DCC). You will advise and clearly articulate complex compliance and regulatory issues to the company businesses’ senior leadership.
- Keen ability to independently identify and drive opportunities to streamline and operationalize the program to address diverse regulatory requirements for global regulators including the CFTC, FCA and others.
- Ensure that all activities comply with regulatory requirements, lead the implementation, and demonstrate ownership for the enhancement of a comprehensive global testing program for DCC that includes registered entities.
- Work with senior staff when taking care of more complex issues, projects, analyses, or internal relationships and clearly demonstrate the ability to work in an expanding and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- 5+ years of related compliance, finance, trading, or commercial work experience
- Strong knowledge in CFTC, MiFID II, or EMIR, and relevant registered entity requirements.
- Strong understanding of commodity markets including swaps, futures, and forwards
- Deep understanding of commodity derivatives and foreign exchange transactions
- Strong analytical skills; exceptional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to deal in ambiguity
- Ability to positively influence without direct authority in a matrixed organization
- Ability to advise on and execute compliance strategies
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.