Program Management Office (PMO) Manager
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Program Management Office (PMO) Manager will implement the business's strategic initiative prioritization, the transformation roadmap in alignment with the enterprise transformation office and lead the portfolio and project management process. In this role, you will prioritize resources, measure progress and drive accountability in the business while leading a working group of practitioners to provide cross functional leadership, implement change and ensure execution of enabling processes.
- Collaborate with the business leadership team to define program objectives to shape the roadmap of transformation initiatives and prioritize based on strategic, financial and organizational criteria, driving action to ensure established goals are met.
- Champion change and look to improve processes by systematizing simplicity, agility and sensible risk taking.
- Understand strategy and supporting projects in order to recommend resource prioritization that advances the business to its strategy and performance goals.
- Facilitate strategic prioritization reviews with senior leaders, ensuring tradeoffs are understood and appropriate decisions are made.
- Create and lead a cross functional project review forums, linking project execution and financial results to functional budget and forecasts.
- Deploy continuous improvement of portfolio and projects management in alignment with company standard framework and guidelines.
- Provides mentorship, coaching and development for team members as appropriate.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodology, project delivery process and portfolio management
- Ability to lead cross functional teams providing leadership, coaching and mentorship to all levels of the organization
- Confirmed experience influencing senior leaders and moving decisions to actions
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES
- Experience planning, monitoring and managing internal projects from initiation through completion.
- Experience monitoring and reporting on the status of projects including cost, timing and staffing.
- Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Experience leading project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, developing project schedules and determining resource requirements.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.