• This lawyer will work exclusively with a combination of Cargill’s businesses in Vietnam, which include :
1. Cargill’s Animal Feed group which engages in manufacturing and distribution of animal feed.
2. Cargill Premix and Nutrition and Cargill Aqua Nutrition businesses.
3. Cargill’s Grain and Oilseeds which engage in sales, marketing and merchandizing of grains and protein.
• This lawyer will report to a Senior Lawyer, and work very closely with other members of the Cargill Worldwide Law Department both in Singapore and globally.
• This lawyer will be expected to develop a very close working partnership with the business units he/she serves by having a deep understanding the business strategy, vision and metrics, customers and suppliers, and the industry environment and drivers. This lawyer will be expected to proactively anticipate and address issues and opportunities. The role requires regular and direct business contact with all levels of the businesses.
• The position requires the management of a full spectrum of legal issues and prompt responses to day-to-day issues that the businesses may face, which includes documentation and drafting, advisory work, managing claims, litigation and disputes, interpretation of laws and regulations, responding to government investigations, employment matters, working with local counsel and implementing processes and control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulations and company policies. Regular legal training will also be required to be given to the businesses on both compliance and commercial legal issues.
• The position requires that the lawyer anticipate risks (both internal and external) and counseling and advising the business leadership on how to manage such risks. The scope could be across supplier/customer relationships, credit management, litigation risks, regulatory matters and business development opportunities. These activities will require that the lawyer involve other appropriate Cargill functions and resources in the transaction, such as tax, food safety regulatory and quality, strategic sourcing and procurement, insurance, as well as other resources in the Law Department, such as M&A or employment law expertise.
• As with every other lawyer of the Cargill Law Department, this lawyer will be expected to act consistently with the Role of the Cargill Lawyer (attached).
Minimum Required Qualifications
• 6-10 years post-qualification experience - good combination of law firm and in-house experience preferred
• Law qualification should be Vietnam or comparable common law qualification and experience.
• Experience of working in Vietnam and local counsel
• Experience with compliance – Anti-Bribery, Competition, Data Privacy, - including training and managing risk
• Some experience in handling (managing) claims and disputes
• High level of passion for learning and growth
• Mindset of continuous improvement; solutions oriented
• Demonstrated understanding of commercial objectives, and business and industry environment
• Strong personal drive and motivation combined with an ability to work within a larger team
• Effective communicator and ability to work with different levels of the organization; demonstrated ability to influence
• Good command of English and Vietnamese – written and spoken
• Understands the value of connectivity , relationship building and trust
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.