Country Regulatory and Scientific Affairs
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Country Regulatory and Scientific Affairs will interpret regulations as they apply to products, and financial and other processes, practices and procedures in their country. We seek a professional who will investigate and resolve compliance problems, questions or complaints received from other units of the company, customers, government regulatory agencies, etc. In this role, you will assess the risks and opportunities related to regulations, influence minor changes and effect pertinent changes within the business unit or country.
- Ensure business activities comply with regulations and laws, working with regulatory agencies to provide guidance and advice.
- Examine current regulations and assess and prioritize emerging trends in food/feed safety and quality to identify the current and potential medium-term impacts.
- Provide thought leadership in regulatory and scientific affairs area in the country including short and medium term emerging issues.
- Inform and advise leaders on regulatory issues and changes that could potentially affect the business or Cargill’s freedom to operate in the country across business.
- Handle a portfolio of audit assignments, develop plans and deliver audits that cover identified risk areas and that appropriate corrective actions are agreed on with auditees.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of food laws and regulations.
- Experienced in product registration/product approval/proprietary approval process.
- Experienced in continuous improvement of regulatory processes.
- Experienced in project management.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Master's degree in Food Science, Food technology, food industry, chemistry or related field
- Advanced knowledge of food laws and regulations.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Ten years of related work experience preferred.
- Experienced in influencing senior stakeholders.
- Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES TO BE GAINED
- Experience interpreting food and safety regulation to align business goals in the country across business.
- Experience influencing and engaging senior stakeholders.
- Experience of project management.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.