Workers Compensation Specialist (6 month term)
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Workers Compensation Specialist II will lead our workers compensation programs for a large corporation. This involves filing and managing claims, submitting and conducting appeals, participating in industry groups and handling claims costs.
- Responsible for filing and handling claims to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Perform claim investigation and filing of appeals.
- Responsible for program cost review and analysis; lead initiatives to improve outcomes.
- Lead work site visits and return to work planning meetings.
- You will work under general supervision and independently solve moderately complex issues while referring more complex problems to a higher-level staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 2+ years of related work experience.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada
- Disability Management Certification
*This position offers 6 moths of employment, with the possibility of becoming 12 months
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.