Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
The Automation Specialist has the responsibility to execute and lead Automation strategy deployment at this plant in accordance with the business need and corporate defined best practice standards and guidelines. Work including, but not limited to plc programming, HMI programming, plant network architecture design/troubleshooting, control system design/upgrades and the deployment of automated process tools needed to make manufacturing systems function properly in accordance with the business needs. Provide design expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation for projects based on current best practices using approved components and standards. Provide expertise and/or support for internal and external resources during the execution of projects.
• Provide troubleshooting expertise in the areas of automation, electrical and instrumentation in support of the plant.
• To learn the facility functions (both the processes and the service groups). To continuously gain knowledge and experience in automation, electrical and instrumentation.
• Provide programming and configuration expertise to support projects.
• Management of troubleshooting tools and documentation.
• Provide work orders and part number for SAP
• Tracking projects to completion
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
• Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical OR Associate’s Technical degree plus minimum 2+ years PI experience OR minimum 3+ years PI experience in lieu of degree.
• Minimum 2+ years of Instrumentation experience.
• Must have an understanding of batch process control strategies and plant processes
• Must be able to configure and program a variety of control systems including DCS, PLC and HMI systems.
• Have knowledge of programming languages.
• Must be able to update and troubleshoot a range of electrical or instrumentation systems.
• Ability to read and update electrical schematics.
• Design and implementation knowledge of plant digital business technologies.
• Will require working in food processing facility environment.
• Occasional travel may be required
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 60 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including a respirator
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
• High School diploma or Equivalent
• Basic use of a computer and typing skills
• Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
• Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
• Minimum 3+ years of AEI, PI and Instrumentation experience.
• Knowledge of reliability centered maintenance, planning and scheduling.
• Automation, Electrical, and / or Instrumentation experience, AB and/or Siemens.
• Knowledge of predictive technologies (MCE, vibration, infrared, ultrasound, machinery lubrication).
• Able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
• Forklift Certified
• Working knowledge of inventory systems
• Prior experience in production related work
• Instrumentation Certification
This Full-time position is located in High River, AB however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.