Food Safety Quality and Regulatory Supervisor
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Location Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Supervisor will implement our food safety management systems and ensure compliance with regulatory and customer requirements at an assigned facility. We seek a professional with functional teamwork skills to support our leadership team with thorough understanding of quality assurance technology and processes in the following: testing and auditing documentation, data collection and analysis. In this role you will provide team leadership to find solutions for food safety, quality and regularity concerns.
- Monitors regulatory activities, plant compliance with regulatory safety standards and acts as a liaison for the business with external regulatory authorities.
- Ensures adherence to Corporate, Regulatory and facility food safety and quality requirements.
- Evaluates standard operating procedures, master schedule, verification and reporting for the team and customer food safety and quality requirements.
- Act as an intermediary between our customers and the facility to review product performance, conduct quality and food safety audits, review third party certifications and respond to customer questions and complaints.
- Implements product specification systems and drives continuous improvement in the areas of processes and customer focus.
- Participation and preparation for plant tours and audits.
- Assisting the plant in various projects relating to Safety, Food Safety, Regulatory, Environment, Process Improvement, Engagement, Training etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for personnel decisions related to hiring, performance and disciplinary actions for your direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Animal Science, Animal Nutrition, Chemistry, Microbiology, Quality Assurance or equivalent experience.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment
- Ability to make decisions under pressure
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience interacting with external stakeholders (regulatory agencies, external manufacturers, customers)
- Ability to relate technical knowledge to solve complex testing and process problems
- Experience in a food or feed or premixture manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability of leadership, motivation, interpersonal effectiveness, teamwork and successful completion of work.
- Minimum 4 year of directly related work experience
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Confirmed ability to balance and achieve positive results leading multifunctional teams
- Problem solving and analytical skills with experience in Root Cause Analysis
- One year of supervisory experience
- Laboratory knowledge, including Good Laboratory Practice and instrumentation.
- Process Auditing experience
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.