Night Shift Shipping Clerk
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Administrative Assistant II will provide moderately complex, varied-to-routine administrative and clerical support. We seek a professional who will coordinate, integrate and implement assigned administrative or staff functions.
- Apply knowledge of distribution department operations and infrastructure, policies and procedures to perform moderately complex administrative processes.
- Assist scheduling and coordinating employees overtime, answering shipping department phone calls and directing calls.
- Assist shipping supervisor changing orders, logging into a computerized system to print new order sheets and organize documentation and data.
- Receive and relay messages and respond to varied to routine administrative requests.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Verify gatekeepers to ensure product to be shipped was accurately loaded on the truck; print labels through label printing machine, and print Bill of Ladings for each trailer and ensure the Bill of Lading packet is given to the truck driver.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Basic computer skills.
- Independently make decisions regarding planning, organizing and scheduling of more complex administrative support.
- Knowledge and ability to use inventory systems (XLGO/AS400, IPFS).
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish
- One or more years of clerical experience in a distribution setting.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
A strong candidate has been identified for this position. However we will consider all candidates who meet the requirements.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.