Food Safety Quality Laboratory Technician
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Quality Laboratory Technician will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams. We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. In this role, you will document results into databases and/or communication test results.
- Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision.
- Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance.
- Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required.
- Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up-to-date.
- Help develop food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture collaborating cross-functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture.
- Handle moderately complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years of related work experience
- Able and willing to work a 12-hour rotating shift 6:00am- 6:00pm/ 6:00pm – 6:00am
- Able and willing to work on weekends.
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Write routine reports and correspondence.
- Able to work independently
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.