Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Employee Relations Senior Specialist will serve as a member of the human resource solutions team responsible for delivering employee relations services to the business. In this role, you will use employee relations knowledge to coordinate complex processes and deliver human resource services, which include conducting investigations, corrective actions, conflict resolution, leave management, industrial and labor relations and monitoring compliance
- Serve as an employee relations specialist within our Pennsylvania market Human Resources Solution team to provide relevant and effective consulting services.
- Assist your assigned locations and businesses with employee relations services as requested or as need arises on urgency or as work flow dictates.
- Conduct investigations concerning employee and management inquiries and employee suggestions and complaints.
- Confer with employees and provide guidance and consultation making sure they are using the tools and resources available.
- Work with legal resources and consultants to ensure employee relations activities adhere to company policy and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Help prepare audits, reporting and compliance reviews pertaining to local regulations and programs.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience handling employee investigations and conflict resolutions
- Emotional Intelligence
- Proven experience to deliver consistent performance under various levels of demand
- Proven experience prioritizing work.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in a union environment
- Adaptable to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to influence desired outcome
- Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.