This full-time position is located in Hazleton, PA; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 number in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
A Typical Workday May Include:
- Install, repair and maintain all electrical wiring, electrical instrumentation, electrical and mechanical equipment & systems to required standards in the production areas, office areas, facility grounds, lab, warehouse and utility areas.
- Respond to line calls and provide support for electrical and mechanical maintenance as required by the plant’s needs. Troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical failures.
- Service and repair low voltage apparatus and control equipment such as switches, relays, variable frequency drives, computerized process control systems and field control devices. Service and repair mechanical equipment.
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
- Assemble, install, calibrate, test, and maintain electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, and electronic equipment using test equipment, hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect electrical and mechanical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and compliance with appropriate codes. Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as multimeters and meggers to ensure safe operation.
- Recommend changes, modifications or upgrades to equipment to improve machine reliability and performance.
- Read electrical circuit drawings and documents. Read mechanical drawings and documents. Document completed work, modifications to equipment, findings, and parts information as required.
- Perform other duties assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without visa sponsorship
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs., kneeling, climbing, and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above)
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat (Over 100 degrees), cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Experience operating machinery and/or industrial equipment
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to use a computer, being able to enter and retrieve data and working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
- Experience working in a production or plant environment
- Ability to respond to calls for emergency work during off duty hours
- Experience with electrical, machinist, rigging systems, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, pumps and piping systems, mechanical maintenance, and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Compensation: $ 29.84/ hourly
Sign on Bonus $ 2,000
Must have one of the following qualifications:
- Two-year Technical degree in electro-mechanical discipline.
- Completion of an Electrical Apprenticeship program.
- Completion of a Mechanical Apprenticeship program.
- Four years of work experience in an electro-mechanical role.
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline or Apprenticeship program completion.
- 2+ years of work experience in an electrical role.
- 2+ years of work experience in a mechanical role.
- Experience with root cause analysis and continuous improvement.
- Experience bending and installing electrical conduit up to 1".
- Experience with HVAC equipment including chillers, cooling towers, and boilers.
- Forklift certified
- Experience working with SAP / CMMS / Inventory systems
- Experience / knowledge of NFPA 70E
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.