Wastewater Process Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible, and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition, and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers, and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Wastewater Process Specialist is responsible for wastewater treatment plant operations and environmental compliance. In this role you will apply analytical analysis and your mechanical aptitude to ensure wastewater is processed efficiently and effectively while ensuring compliance with environmental regulations.
- Runs wastewater treatment plant to ensure stable plant operations.
- Handles daily testing and analysis.
- Enters environmental data into pre-existing systems.
- Promotes Cargill's safety culture.
- Handles complex clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Analyzes process health and make recommendations for improvement.
- Defines and implement process improvement projects.
- Trains department employees.
- Troubleshoots equipment and operational issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma, secondary education level or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in a wastewater treatment plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically excel.
- Class IV Municipal or Class D Industrial Wastewater license.
- Lean Six Sigma training.
- Further education in biology or chemistry or related field.
- Previous laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of activated sludge systems and UASB reactor.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.