Research Scientist Research Engineer
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Research Scientist/ Research Engineer handles product development duties for an organization. This position will provide technical support to create and scale up innovative products for Cargill’s customers in food applications. You will support senior staff and leaders for ideation and identify and implement technical solutions against business objectives. You will stay current with process technologies and innovations that will bring advancements in our product lines.
- Works with other R&D Scientists and technical service reps to identify customer needs and translate these into new product development opportunities.
- Develops, implements, and tests processes needed to build products efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Tracks product and process issues and reports data to product development teams and prepares scientific reports or datasheets detailing the products properties and their applications.
- Manages the design of processes and products and recommends production methods.
- Conducts and organizes project plans, resources, and take part in project execution.
- Ensures projects are achievable and align with procedural standards.
- Provides training, coaching, and mentoring to new team members.
- Independently solves moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated working knowledge in the application of food safety, food product manufacturing concepts, practices and standards
- Minimum of two years of related work experience in a pilot or food plant environment with processing equipment
- Intermediate computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Flexibility to work off hours occasionally in another shift
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of material
- Master's degree (in a related field)
- Results oriented with emotional intelligence, energetic, good influencing skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively as an individual and in a team environment
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with large projects extending over a period of time
- Experience conducting work in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable working with mechanical equipment
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
The business will not sponsor applicants for work visas or relocation for this position.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.