Regional Senior Construction Supervisor ( Remote)
****Position has the opportunity to work remotely with a preference to be in the Midwest (NE, MN, IA, IL, IN, OH) for ease of travel to our facilities in Blair, NE; Fort Dodge, IA; Eddyville, IA; Hammond, IN; Cedar Rapids, IA.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Regional Senior Construction Supervisor will plan, monitor and coordinate internal construction projects, from initiation through completion. We seek a multifaceted organized professional who will direct and coordinate activities of fixed duration to ensure that the goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframe and budget.
- Provides leadership and functional area expertise to the build project team for project execution and scope/design review; mentorship and management of construction staff during execution; and management of overall build project execution phase basis, established project controls and timetables to deliver build projects that meet all safety, quality and regulatory goals.
- Monitor internal construction project progress and intervene to resolve problems with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Assess project issues and recommend resolutions to meet productivity, quality and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Review status of projects and budgets, manage schedules, and prepare status reports.
- Execute strategies to develop assigned projects in areas such as agriculture, marketing, manufacture, etc.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of assigned projects.
- You will lead and develop a team, exhibiting authority for talent management decisions related to hiring, performance, and disciplinary actions.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Minimum of four years of related work experience
Other minimum qualifications may apply
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree and 5 years of construction/project management experience. Alternately, 8 or more years of experience in construction/project management.
Two or more years of supervisory experience
3 or more years’ experience working on mid to large sized construction projects in an industrial setting
Up to 50% travel depending on project needs.
Strong working knowledge of building and construction standards, codes and specifications, permitting processes and requirements.
Knowledge in completion and use of construction agreements and preparation of bid packages.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.