Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Senior Process Developer Oils and Fats will support process engineering for new Oils and Fats refining technology as a part of R&D Innovation projects. You will drive and support the identification and development of new oils & fats process technology, including documentation of process engineering needs, from concept at lab scale through pilot plant scale-up, until the conceptual design of full-scale productions processes. This position serves as a process engineering expert and a strategic contributor to new Oils and Fats refining process technology development, to process development, process improvement, and piloting efforts and as a part of multidisciplinary projects in close cooperation with R&D/PPD teams in Cargill’s refined oils worldwide, Manufacturing Technology, Operations, Core R&D functions and/or Technical Service Teams.
As Senior Process Developer Oils and Fats, you will be part of the R&D organization, embedded within the Product and Process Development (PPD) team. The PPD team develops innovative Edible Oils and Fats products and processes and has a strong knowledge base, that is used to translate scientific concepts into practical approaches for successful customer solutions.
- Provides process engineering expertise to global project teams and functions by offering technical guidance and scientific insight, for design principles, including pilot plant design and technology development packages, for full-scale build projects for Oils and Fats refining processes.
- Ensures R&D/PPD projects proceed according to plan and results are documented and communicated through successful completion of engineering deliverables in all phases of new technology implementation.
- Leads identification and development of technology that is new to the world, new to Cargill or new to the application. Contributes especially the engineering design components of innovation projects, with emphasis on the transition from lab-scale demonstration and pilot scale to scale up, through close collaboration with Manufacturing Technology and Plant Operation functions.
- Identifies and leads the evaluation of external technologies that have the potential to create value in Oils and Fats refining technology.
- Identifies and develops new process or product opportunities that create distinct value and enable business growth by the scope of work, project objectives and design criteria, drawings, process documentation, equipment requirements, cost estimates, and appropriate scheduling identification.
- Provides expert leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to the supporting team members, through additional research and interpretation, for issues or problems identified.
- Supports and complies with corporate/local safety and food safety policies and procedures by business case development, regulatory review, engineering design, and construction and pilot plant startup activities of integrated project teams.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of process engineering fundamentals and unit operations
- Ability to identify new opportunities, develop business cases and manage process control projects
- Fluent in English, written and oral (+ preferably 2nd foreign language)
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Master’s degree in chemical engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years working experience in the process industry (preferably edible oil refining) and related engineering >3 years of relevant working experience in Plant Operations
- Working experience in Chemical Plant Construction Management
- Work experience in different cultural environments / international assignments
- Experience in chemical process modeling and simulation (whole-process or detailed unit operation)
- Experience with OSISoft, PI data historian and PI Batch
- Previous experience/education with conceptual design and/or optimization of chemical manufacturing processes
- Demonstrate relevant business acumen
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/