JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT:
The Director - Trading role for GEOS (Global Edible Oil Solutions) business in India, will provide strategic leadership for trading support, commercial direction, resource planning, risk management, that together allow flexibility in trading and optimization strategies. The incumbent will lead a team of merchants and traders through a highly complex, landscape of competitive markets to provide additional value to the business. In addition to directing cash trading, you will also be responsible for hedging risk and locking in profit margins. The role will also provide commercial leadership within and outside of the organization, participate it global trade meetings and collaborate with multiple internal functions to enhance global margins.
- Develop and foster relationships with highly strategic brokers, internal and external customers, agents and suppliers to manage and monitor the long term trading book and create complex market risk solutions within a specific multi-country market segment.
- Direct the development of more complex analyses of market trends, including global supply and demand factors, market share, freight spreads, shipping and payment and sourcing to enable trading strategies to be executed with a high degree of confidence.
- Lead the team to develop long term trading and hedging plans and ensures compliance in procedures involving accounting, finance, credit, and risk management departments in setting daily, weekly, monthly position and margin analysis referencing the long term strategy.
- Manage trading books on behalf of customers who have purchased our risk management products and expertise based on customer risk profile development and an advanced understanding of trading practices and procedures.
- Form a multi country or multi commodity trading view from the physical footprint and non-fundamental insights and is able to monetize this trading view using financial tools.
- Provide strategic leadership, development and talent management activities for direct reports and their organizations, which may include forecasting resource needs, recruiting, hiring, performance management, training and budgeting. You will also collaborate with managers and supervisors in your organization to ensure staff selections align with current and future needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience trading futures and options, including all required regulatory training
- Confirmed ability to build, strategize and grow key customer volumes, relationships and margins
- Confirmed experience in base and non-base capital expense projects
- Confirmed track-record of meeting targeted profits, and demonstrated ability to close performance gaps as they arise.
- Minimum of eight years of related work experience, five years of supervisory experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Minimum of 10 years of direct trading experience
- Masters degree in Marketing / International Trade
- Proven track record of building and leading high-performing trading teams
- Excellent communicator, strong presentation skills
- Strong influencing skills, especially across functions and with peers in other enterprises
- Proven ability to work effectively in a matrixed structure
- Proven strong cultural sensitivity
- Accurate, resilient and able to continue performing under stress
- Knowledge of relevant commodity contracts or willing to acquire this knowledge
- Proven learning agility, curiosity to learn and apply lessons on the job
PRIOR BENEFICIAL EXPERIENCES:
Apply a deep understanding of trading practices and procedures to develop and execute the long-term trading strategies and books for a specific commodity/market/customer based on speculative and hedged positions.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.