Strategic Pricing Manager
Food Ingredients and Bio-Industrial (FIBI) business, India
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s Food Ingredients and Bio-Industrial (FIBI) business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and food service companies
Job Purpose and Impact
The Strategic Pricing Manager supports the continuous development of our strategic pricing capability across Cargill’s businesses. We seek a multifaceted professional who will leading pricing optimization projects across the business groups to provide continuous optimization of critical pricing capabilities such as value-based pricing, consumer and retail pricing, big deal pricing and negotiations and pricing science, analytics and technology. In this role you will act as an advisor to pricing and commercial leaders across the business
• Lead multiple pricing optimization projects and deploy strategic pricing capabilities for the various business groups, aligning with their strategies, market dynamics and needs.
• Define detailed, impact and results driven roadmaps and implement initiatives by showing a lead-by-example implementation style (e.g. by taking lead role, together with business owners, on new approaches for big deal negotiations).
• Support the deployment of pricing as an end-to end process, from strategic considerations to actual price setting techniques, governance and supporting technology.
• Provide business need assessments about data and technological requirements and be able to make realistic return on investment tradeoffs in terms of how sophisticated the requirements need to be.
• Continuously evaluate pricing developments and trends to ensure new thought leadership and capabilities are introduced into the various business groups.
• Generate hypotheses for profit improvement opportunities, validate with data and facts, and develop deployment projects to capitalize on the opportunities.
• You will serve as an expert in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues/problems. You may provide direction to lower level team members and be a key contributor.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• Ability to reach to a decision with a less than perfect fact base, relying on pragmatism combined with logical reasoning.
• High level of initiative, curiosity and potential to go beyond the described role as the team responsibilities evolve.
• Ability to move seamlessly back and forth between planning and execution.
• Balancing complex analytics with pragmatism, simplicity and taking people along.
• Experience in successfully improving margins through pricing initiatives.
• Validated track-record in prioritizing, selecting and deploying pricing technology such as third-party pricing software, including the ability to trade-off such solutions against in-house developed or other tailored solutions.
• Minimum of six years of related work experience
• Other minimum qualifications may apply
Preferred Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• MBA from a reputed institute/ Chartered Accountant with at least 10-15 years of relevant industry experience
• Strong effective communicator. Powerful written and verbal skills in English
• Highly developed, and demonstrated teamwork skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work in a global company of diverse creative employees
• Demonstrated effectiveness in holding conversations with customers.
• Demonstrated ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company
• Ability to lead in an environment of constant change
• Project Management Skills and data interpretation/ analysis skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
• Thought leader with deep subject expertise
• Ability to cross-reference and benchmark
Expected Competencies / Behaviors:
• See ahead to future possibilities and translate them into breakthrough strategies.
• Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals.
• Effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
• Integrity – Honest and transparent, trusted and admit mistakes
• Conviction –Strong or firmly held vision that inspires others to action
• Courage – Not deterred by hardship, risk, adversity, or uncertainty. Challenges the status quo; willing to voice and champion a differing viewpoint
• People First – Shape and engage global diverse teams to leverage different perspectives and create inclusive environment. Develop self and others to unleash potential by setting high standards, rewarding performance ad confronting poor performance.
• Authentic & Inspirational – Inspire a shared sense of purpose and direction with excitement for the future to motivate and energize others. Foster trust and teamwork through self-awareness, integrity and humility. Promote candor through sharing difficult or unpopular messages in a motivating way and letting people know where they stand honestly and sensitively.
• System Thinker – Connect the dots and move beyond the obvious to drive growth
• Strategic – Be curious, constantly scan the environment and know the customer to discover growth potential. Transform business trends into long term strategic approaches to move the organization forward.
• Agile and Resilient – Cultivate innovation by experimenting and adapting, learning from failures and pushing boundaries. Create clarity, optimism and opportunities in the face of ambiguity, uncertainty and setbacks.
• Decisive and Result Driven – Solve problems through others by seeking input not consensus. Act decisively and courageously. Achieve exceptional results by taking ownership, persisting in the face of challenges and holding self and others accountable.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Place in the organization:
Role reports to the FIBI Strategic Pricing Capability Lead
Role is based in Gurugram, Haryana, India.
For more information visit our website at https://www.cargill.co.in/en/cargill-foods-india
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.