Senior Customs Analyst
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Customs Analyst will support regional and global customs in areas such as risk assessment, value preservation review and regional/global customs compliance improvement projects. You'll work closely with internal business units to address risk and leverage customs opportunities, develop and implement control and compliance framework, contribute to government inquiries and provide operational mentorship and training.
• Manage client interaction and business partnership, providing strategic direction on global trade compliance activities and collaborate cross-functionally, internally and externally to implement cross-border solutions globally.
• Support global trade operations compliance and Cargill subsidiaries, joint ventures, business unit staff and other customs departments by advising on low-to-moderately complex customs transactions and issues.
• Perform data management, analysis and reporting to ensure compliance and provide support in tax/duty disputes.
• Analyse and report key performance indicators to evaluate data for risk assessment.
• Conduct complex customs-related research and analysis, using substantial understanding of customs practices and procedures with minimal input from senior team members.
• Develop technical customs solutions to minimize Cargill's customs liabilities/risks.
• Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
• May require excellent written and verbal communications skills to conduct presentations in executive forums and data analytics.
• May require travel up to 30% of time
• Minimum of five years of indirect tax experience with main focus on customs/ trade compliance
• SAP Global trade services (GTS) knowledge
• Knowledge of legal framework related to Customs Valuation, Free Trade Agreement origin, customs law, etc.
• Understanding of customs regulations and various trade related programs
• Customs house agent license
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.