Analyst - TAT
Position Purpose & Summary
To assist business in analyzing vessel line up reports and reporting into Cargill system to make a positive difference to the trading teams.
- Analytical data support to Tanker Merchants and Commodity traders/analyst.
- Identify and deliver market and optimized analytics solutions which drive Cargills capabilities.
- Good understanding of Shipping Jargons and International trade.
- Good Communication
Report Processing 60%
- Looking after lineups and congestion for Dry bulk commodities which includes all type of Grains, Sugar, Coal & Iron ore and Wet Tankers-Dirty petroleum product, Clean Petroleum Product & LPG.
- Review, analyse and process data and report on weekly and monthly basis for various commodities.
- Analyse and provide valuable data to the traders to analyse and forecast demand and supply for the business.
- Acquiring data from different ports around the globe or secondary data sources and maintaining reports/databases/data systems.
Business Partnering 25%:
- Effective and timely communication with onshore business units / functions wherever necessary.
- Interpreting data, analyzing results, providing ongoing reports and other strategies that optimize efficiency and quality for the business.
- Develop requirement specifications, Design documents and Test Scenarios /Test cases.
Compliance & Process Efficiency 15%
- Identify and proactively address the workload needs.
- Motivate self and others to achieve common business goals.
- Coordinate with internal and external customers as necessary
- Maintain the KPI’s (accuracy & timeliness) agreed with business
Education, Experience, Skills
Good MS-Excel and analytical skills is a must.
Effective communication and initiative to move issues forward are critical. Success of the incumbent will depend on his/her ability to be creative, and to demonstrate initiative in identifying problems and providing solutions
Good communication, team co-ordination and building skills, good inter-personal skills are required for this position.
Managing multiple priorities, understanding risks involved and the ability to resolve and report to higher management, wherever necessary and critical.
Ability/skillset to challenge team to achieve high performance.
Strong analytical thinking and problem solving ability with a high level of energy and dedication
Meet all agreed KPI and complete the tasks within the SLA
Able to work with minimal supervision, strong self initiatives.
Graduation/Post Graduation in any stream is preferred with 2-3 years of experience.
Previous experience with shipping companies is preferred.
Experience in analysing data and presenting information around that data for the business would be preferred.
Knowledge of vessel line ups, port locations and basic shipping terminologies is preferred.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.