Skilled Production - Meat Cutter NOC 6331 - Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Dunlop, Guelph, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: Wage Range is $18.80 - $27.00 / hour as per the collective agreement
Starting rate for experienced Industrial Butchers (3+ years of experience) is $20.50 / hour
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $18.80 / hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Pension Plan Program
- Employee Referral Bonus of $500 (net)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Comprehensive Training
- Employee Meat Discount
- Stable Work & Overtime Potential
- Working in a time sensitive process deboning, trimming and preparing standard / specialized cuts of meats using knives
- Cutting, trimming and preparing precise products in accordance with client specifications
- Working with specialized knives and equipment in accordance with workplace health and safety requirement as well as safe food handling practices
- Maintaining equipment to ensure it is sharp and in good condition according to company standards
- Maintain high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness
- Training for entry level employees; and supervising other butchers/meat cutters
- Performing other duties as required consistent with the occupation
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be currently legal to work in Canada
- Minimum of 3 years meat cutting experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable
- Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.