Skilled Production - Industrial Butcher NOC 9462 - Full Time
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Job Location: Dunlop, Guelph, ON
Job Type: Full Time
Compensation: Wage Range is $18.80 - $27.00 / hour as per the collective agreement
Starting rate for experienced Industrial Butchers (3+ years of experience) is $20.50 / hour
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $18.80 / hour
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Pension Plan Program
- Employee Referral Bonus of $500 (net)
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Comprehensive Training
- Employee Meat Discount
- Stable Work & Overtime Potential
- Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knives
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- May slaughter cattle as prescribed by religious laws
- Work with specialized knives and equipment according to workplace health and safety requirements as well as safe food handling practices
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be currently legal to work in Canada
- 1 to less than 7 months butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable
- Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates
Considered candidates will receive a phone call from a (204) area code. Please note that this position does not include relocation reimbursement.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Women in Operations
She discovered there are endless opportunities to take your career in new directions through a variety of roles and business units.Meet Elizabeth
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.