Skilled Production - Industrial Butcher NOC 9462 - Full Time - Dunlop, Guelph, ON
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Starting rate for experienced industrial butchers (3+ years of experience) is $20.10/hour
Starting rate for entry level (less than 3 years of experience) is $18.40
- Slaughter livestock using stunning devices and knive
- Skin, clean and trim carcasses
- Remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Split carcasses into smaller portions to facilitate handling
- May slaughter cattle as prescribed by religious laws
- Work with specialized knives and equipment according to workplace health and safety requirements as well as safe food handling practices
- 1 to less than 7 months butcher/knife experience required
- Previous experience in meat processing and packing environment using manual cutting utensils and band saws is preferable
- Cargill specific on-the-job training is provided for selected candidates
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.