Shipping Order Picker
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive — a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field.
At Cargill we have a Culture of Safety, our goal is to return everyone safely back to their loved ones every day.
Job Type: Full Time
Shift Available: Night
Sign on Bonus: $3,000
- Hand select orders within cold warehouse environment
- Stack product on pallets in accordance to customer selecting procedures and place appropriate shipping placard to pallet
- Operate an electric pallet jack or forklift to transport product
- Stage pallets for loading on proper dock locations
- Follow Cargill’s preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advise supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, perform pre- and post-trip inspections, and safely operate all mechanical equipment.
- Frequently lift product that weighs 1-50 pounds
- Shrink-wrap product on loading dock
- Attend all required start-up and safety meetings
- Other duties may be assigned
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill Canada
- Cargill requires that employees be a minimum of 18 years old
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending and twisting, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in cold indoor temperatures with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Ability to operate machinery
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (Verbal/Written)
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- Warehouse experience
- Experience operating an electronic pallet jack or forklift
- Experience in a plant environment
This Full-time position is located in Guelph, ON; however please expect receiving calls from a 204-area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.