Food Safety Technician (3rd shift, 12 month term)
***The hours for this position are from 11:00pm to 7:30am and it's a 12 month contract.
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s protein and salt business, where we provide wholesome, high-quality food products to a wide range of customers, from foodservice operators and grocery stores to manufacturers and exporters.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Food Safety Technician is accountable for food safety and quality inspection process within a specified range. In this role, you will conduct tests and inspections following internal and external procedures in environment health and safety and food safety.
- Conduct routine inspection following the compliance program including Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point, Food and Drug Administration, National Meat Inspection Services.
- Identify and analyze deviations to avoid environmental impact and potential risk to the businesses, report the serious one to higher-level staff for guidance.
- Follow company environment, health and safety policies and procedures; identify instances of risky behaviors in the workplace and take appropriate action, escalating serious issues as appropriate.
- Participate in audits by attending audits, preparing required documents, and ensuring all documentation is completed, current and verified to support production management decisions.
- Handle basic clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under direct supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff
- Other duties as assigned
Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- High school diploma, secondary education level or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals).
- Strong computer program professional knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Ability to work from 11:00pm to 7:30am in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally entitled to work for Cargill in Canada.
- Experienced in manufacturing as Line Inspectors or equivalent experience.
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation and manufacturing practices in the assessment of plant hygiene program.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.