Senior Product and Process Technologist
Within the Global Product and Process Development (PPD) department of Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate (CCC), new processes and products are developed, and research is done to enlarge the knowledge in the broadest sense of the word on cocoa, chocolate and coatings & fillings. The focus is on innovation and product & process optimization.
As the Senior Product & Process Technologist you will need to support the further growth of the APAC Cocoa Powder Portfolio by setting up an innovation process. This will happen in close collaboration with local FSQR, product line management and product application team. In parallel, you support the fine tuning of the factory process parameters and improve controls to ensure higher product quality.
You define and execute research and development projects. Ideation, building a business case and project proposals are part of your responsibilities.
You are on a key technical leadership position working closely with Group PPD team, product line management, operations, and food quality, safety and regulatory within the Cargill Cocoa and Chocolate business and with relevant departments within other Cargill product groups, Cargill Innovation Centre, external institutes, suppliers and universities. You report to the Group PPD manager.
· - You directly contribute to the (APAC) innovation pipeline and portfolio with ideas for the conversion of scientific as well as to the growth of distinctive product and process offerings
· - You align with operations, FSQR, product line management, product application and sensory community to deliver results that enable the business to succeed, create opportunities from scratch, building on the needs of internal and external customers
· - You effectively manage complex innovation and cost improvement projects concerning time and resource management to meet internal and external customer expectations, including overseeing the link with other projects
· - You identify and optimize approaches related to process and product development. And you translate lab-scale trials to industrial scale, and development to first commercial production.
- You develop a strong business and customer understanding to ultimately influence, drive and create business opportunities. You identify emerging technology needs and propose solutions within area of focus and expertise
·Advanced Academic Degree (MSc. and/or PhD) in applicable enabling science (Food Science, Food Technology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience.
·Experience (10+ years) in food industry
·Relevant work experience in product and/or process technology preferably in the cocoa and chocolate business
·Demonstrated ability to influence and lead projects teams
·Affinity with production processes is a must have
·Affinity with Sensory evaluations methodologies and Sensory insight is a clear advantage
·Project management skills including planning (time and resources) is a clear advantage
·Excellent verbal, communication, prioritization, report writing and presentation skills. Including the ability to communicate technical and sensory details to wide array of people and project teams
·Strong analytical and statistical thinking capabilities
·Innovative mind set a proactive approach, including a drive to create and implement business opportunities
·Sound communication skills at all levels within the company, including stakeholder management
·Ability to travel up to 10%
·Fluent in English both spoken and written
·Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia spoken and written
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.