Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Project Engineer will oversee engineering and technical projects, including management of personnel, budget, and scheduling to deliver a successful project outcome, including safety and risk mitigation plans. In this role, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with stakeholders across all areas of the project to interpret the needs, expectations, and limitations of each, and bring them together with the aim of successful project deliveries.
- Work collaboratively with representatives of Process Development, Production, Centres of Excellence, Maintenance, Environmental Health and Safety and other departments
- Create Engineering deliverables including but not limited to; P&IDs mass and energy balances, layout proposals, process calculations
- Organize and contribute to Hazard Identification Risk Assessment and safe design workshops
- Prepare cost calculations, project schedules and construction (safety) plans for project approval process and present at gate reviews locally and regionally
- Both lead projects and assist Project Managers and the Engineering Manager with the execution of projects including; budget monitoring, organization and participation in project meetings and support of any change management processes
- Prepare and specify materials and labour contracts working with Procurement where necessary
- Preparation of software control proposal including the preparation of logic diagrams
- Co-ordination of construction activities including contractor coordination, maintaining safety during construction and controlling any variations
- Ensure proper implementation of Cargill Best Practices and policies and external standards e.g.- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), ATEX, environmental permits, local legislation, Cargill food safety and safety rules
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical)
- Project engineering experience with exposure to build project management experience, from a similar process industry e.g. food/feed, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, in a factory environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence others and work with multifunctional plant teams and personnel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives/projects and communicate goals, objectives and accomplishments to a broad audience (technical and non-technical)
- Experience in P&ID modification, working on design criteria / specifications and working to best practice and applicable local laws and regulations
- Able to deliver projects safely and in budget under tight time deadlines
- Able to clearly articulate project status updates and use project tracking tools
- A creative mindset to overcome challenging engineering problems
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Our usual recruitment process is as follows; candidates meeting the criteria will be invited to a telephone interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team. If this is successful you will be invited to a further interview with the Hiring Manager and members of the hiring team. For some of our positions a final site based interview/ tour will also be needed.