Vegetable Oils Trader
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Vegetable Oils Trader is responsible for trading vegetable oils and hazelnut for Cargill Cocoa & Chocolate with a clear priority on serving our 9 European chocolate plants. Within a well-defined set of risk limits you are required to optimize the vegetable oils position, manage the operational margins and guarantee a smooth-running pipeline in order to maximize the book’s PnL. Besides the vegetable oils and hazelnut, you will also trade in lecithin, although on a smaller scale. You do in-depth analysis of agricultural markets, turn it into a proper trading strategy and apply it in your role within the chocolate trading desk. This opportunity requires frequent visits to our colleagues in Schiphol from the Cargill Refined Oils Europe trade, and you are in daily contact with your colleagues of Cargill in the region. You will serve as a back-up trader for other chocolate ingredients like dairy, sugar, cocoa. Besides the trading role, this function contains a supporting/advising role towards our sales and external customers.
- Execute and monitor the short term trading strategies and books for a specific commodity, market or customer based on speculative and hedged positions.
- Set and execute trading game plans by respecting a strict set of limits.
- Build up a proper supply and demand analysis – guided by Cargill Global Edible Oils Solutions business
- Assist the supply chain activities in cooperation with transport, planning, quality and suppliers in order to ensure that production has adequate stock levels/contracts
- Ensure accuracy in contract administration and risk reporting at all times under all circumstances.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience in the commodity trade
- Fluent in English
- Master’s degree
- Trading experience or serving as an analyst/middle office in a trading environment
- Additional European languages (French/Dutch)
We provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today:
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
The Cargill Cocoa Promise is committed to securing a thriving cocoa sector for generations.
Our inclusive culture helps us shape the future of the world.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.