Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
The Packer will be in charge of operate packaging equipment to fill, label, stack, and stretch wrap product containers.
Compensation: $20.05 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
Shift(s): 4 Night Shift (10:45 p.m. – 7:00 a.m. Sunday Night – Friday Morning)
- Follow all Food Safety (HACCP), GMP’s, WHMIS, Occupational Health and Safety, and Environmental programs
- Communicate with packers from the previous shift to determine if there are any problems on the packing portion of the line
- Operate packaging equipment to fill, label, stack, and stretch wrap product containers
- Monitor packaging equipment performance; make adjustments to equipment as necessary
- Record and review production data as required on log sheets
- Contact Operator or Team Leader in the event of any problems with the lines, product quality, or critical control points
- Perform product and packaging change-overs as scheduled
- Restock boxes, skids, and liners for next shift and current shift as needed
- Clean work areas and equipment as assigned or scheduled
- Must obtain pallet handling equipment certification, and use pallet handling equipment to move product or packaging materials as required
- Maintain all production areas in a neat and clean condition
- Properly account for any product rework
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Production Supervisor/Operator
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements cited below are representative of the minimal knowledge, skills and/or abilities required
- Employee is required to stand and reach with arms and hands, as a regular occurrence. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb stairs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently and consistently be required to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception
This full-time position is located in Gerogetown, Ontario; however please expect to receive telephone calls from a Recruiter with a 204 area code.
Cargill is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodation to our job applicants with disabilities.
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.