Sustainability Risk and Chain of Custody Lead
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 155 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Sustainability Risk and Chain of Custody Lead will lead the development and execution of strategic sustainability and carbon chain of custody processes that drive insight in carbon insetting , offset and sustainability risk positions and deliver value to our customers and commercial teams. In this role, you will build partnerships with customers across value chains, engage external organizations to advance sustainability and carbon insetting frameworks and accounting standards, and engage, educate, and influence internal and external stakeholders to execute on our purpose to nourish the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way.
- Form sustainability strategy and tactics in the development and deployment of a Chain of Custody process and system which serve sustainability compliance, carbon compliance, finance, supply chain and commercial requirements
- Contribute to developing financial risk management and accounting processes for sustainability and carbon in an integrated operating company approach.
- Interact with customers directly and indirectly to ascertain their sustainability related needs and work with commercial teams in developing and delivering solutions to those needs to ultimately drive business growth.
- Communicate sustainability policies and objectives to our internal stakeholders and customers, with the purpose of extending our policies and requirements.
- Identify and work with external partners like non-governmental organizations (NGOs), foundations, universities and government offices for program design, implementation, securing additional funding and project work.
- Develop, maintain and apply industry leading expertise in sustainability program standards to mitigate risks and support the embedding of the certification standard compliance management systems in the region.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Experience in identifying customer needs and developing solutions
- Technical knowledge in environmental, economic and social benefits of sustainable development
- Experience developing and implementing strategy, change management and due diligence management processes and procedures
- Verifiable experience of managing sustainability and supply chain transparency programs through standards and assurance.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.