Senior Quant Specialist
Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s agricultural supply chain business, where we seamlessly connect farming customers with food, feed and industry.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Senior Quant Specialist will independently perform the most complex analytics and market intelligence activities to develop business intelligence, optimize effectiveness and predict business outcomes. We seek a multifaceted professional who will independently research data, market information and trends; create and maintain complex and global modeling tools and systems. In this role you will analyze data and interpret and execute strategies, sharing best practices.
- Design trading strategies and build tools globally relating to fundamental and non-fundamental influences on commodity markets.
- Lead the discovery and prototyping of new quantitative tools and strategies.
- Develop scalable machine learning components to generalize models to other data sources, commodities or products and maintain advanced statistical ensemble systems.
- Benchmark, back test and stress-test models to identify true sensitivities and risks.
- Maintain and enhance code repository and models infrastructure in a scalable fashion.
- Provide advisory to trading desks on the model’s correct usage and conclusions and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct the most complex market analyses and provide advisory to trading team to adjust their positions as appropriate.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Masters and/or PhD in a quantitative discipline (statistics, computer-science, engineering, quantitative finance, etc.)
- Hands-on experience building infrastructure: Python proficiency + SQL proficiency, knowledge of OOP languages
- Experience in systematic trading of agricultural markets and other commodities
- Experience with fundamental and alternative datasets, as they are the source of Cargill’s edge
‘’There are so many stories to tell of the great people that are helping the world to thrive at Cargill. You can find a few of the stories of diverse talent that make up the trading, merchandising and global trading analytics teams at Cargill. Access their stories here https://www.cargill.com/careers/trading-careers’’
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill
Cargill is committed to being an inclusive employer. Click here to find out more: https://careers.cargill.com/diversity/
Linkedin Job Matcher
Find where you fit in at Cargill. Log in to connect your LinkedIn profile and we’ll use your skills and experience to search the jobs that might be right for you.
Discover how you can achieve your higher purpose with a career at Cargill.